Head, Group Legal & Compliance
- Provide advice and legal guidance to the Group in all legal matters consisting of advice, review and preparation of required documentation and to ensure soundness of the terms and conditions.
- Provide counsel on legal matters consistent with the Group policy and operating procedures and to ensure that the conduct of the Group businesses are in conformity with applicable laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Lead and participate in meetings on legal matters with customers, clients, business partners and regulators.
- Proactively conduct legal research and keep abreast of all development and updates, in the relevant laws and regulations applicable to the Group’s business operations.
- Manage and undertake special projects as required.
- Formulate annual compliance programme to promote compliance, compliance awareness, business / social ethics and to provide compliance training related to the various compliance policies.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws relating to anti money laundering, counter financing of terrorism, proceeds of unlawful activities, anti-corruption, foreign corrupt practices, anti-bribery, and personal data protection.
- Review / update the Group compliance policies in accordance with corporate policies, regulatory requirements, missions and values, where applicable.
- Report to the Management on any areas of non-compliance with laws, regulations, guidelines, internal rules and policies of the Group
- Conduct compliance inspection/audit of the subsidiaries companies / departments / branch offices to gauge the level of compliance and awareness with a view to enhance compliance.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company.
- Work / report closely with the Office of Global Compliance, Tokyo on all matters pertaining to compliance.
- Minimum 15 years experience in the legal and compliance with financial services industry and 10 years in management role
- Basic degree in Law
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and writing skills with good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Certified compliance professional is an added advantage
Job FeaturesLegal & Compliance